- Haitian – Act
- When Haitian Vodou encountered Louisiana culture, a new tradition of Voodoo was born. Further, Voodoo with a capital “V” is not to be confused with voodoo with a lowercase “v” because the first is a religious tradition whereas the latter denotes the occult and ‘black magic’ https://my.vanderbilt.edu/blackreligioninamerica/blogs/sabina/
- Haitian – Act
- Brown reveals how Vodou cosmology draws from a specific socio-political climate in which practitioners must accept the presence of suffering and use religion pragmatically. https://my.vanderbilt.edu/blackreligioninamerica/blogs/sabina/
- New Orleans – Religion
- Orleans – Aurelius/Aurelia – Golden City
- Gold and aurelian are semantically related In some cases you can replace term “Gold” with “Aurelian”, this words are similar.
- Aurelia (also spelled Aurélia or Aurelija) is a feminine given name from the Latin family name Aurelius, which was derived from aureus meaning “golden”. The name began from minor early saints but was given as a name due to its meaning, and not from where it originated.
- They are also referred to as “mystères” and “the invisibles” and are intermediaries between Bondye (from French Bon Dieu, meaning “good God”)—the Supreme Creator, who is distant from the world—and humanity. Instead of being prayed to they are sacrificed to.
- The word loa (or lwa) comes from the French “les lois”; the laws in English
- Syncretism (/ˈsɪŋkrətɪzəm/) is the combining of different beliefs, while blending practices of various schools of thought.
- Feminine Archetype of the Voodoist
- Masculine Archetype of the Voodooist
“No right or wrong way, but some ways are more successful than others.”
“I’m so much stronger in death.”
“Voodoo is an always evolving and complex system. “
“ Voodoo does not exclude, it includes.”
“ It’s everywhere and nowhere.”
“Voodoo is specific to a particular place and time.”
“The Loa of Voodoo speak directly to the lives of its practitioners.”
“The first rule would be SUCCESS.”
“Secondly, Connaissance = Deep inner knowing. Deep inner connection to the divine”.
- Eastern version of Voodoo. Black Magic, Sorcery, or Evil Magic.
- Tantra vs Modern Thought.
- Tantric thought wants to figure out why something happened.
- Modern Thought wants to figure out how something happened, for there why is already figured out.
- Modern thought attaches you to bodies, ideas, thoughts, etc… that you had no say so in the first place.
- Tantric thought is that of personal empowerment.
- Only through personal development will you find the answers for yourself.
- Not through figuring how things work, you could be an expert at all the wrong things, because you haven’t discovered your why.
Signless Signification in Ancient India and Beyond
Sanskrit grammar, cryptically explains tantra through the example of “Sva-tantra” (Sanskrit: स्वतन्त्र), which he states means “independent” or a person who is his own “warp, cloth, weaver, promoter, karta (actor)”